The Baby Scene understands the importance of proper prenatal medical care for both the expectant mother and the unborn baby.
Therefore, in order to provide our patients with an appropriate, meaningful ultrasound screening, The Baby Scene Requires that you: (i) certify that you are under the care of a physician or other health care provider, and that you are not obtaining this ultrasound as a replacement for, or in lieu of, standard prenatal medical care.
As a further condition to receiving ultrasound services from The Baby Scene, you hereby acknowledge, understand and agree to the following statements:
- This ultrasound: (i) is an elective procedure that I have voluntarily requested, and (ii) is not intended to take the place of a diagnostic ultrasound or any other test or treatment that has been or may be recommended by your healthcare provider.
- Because of its elective nature, this ultrasound is not covered by medicare or any private health cover. You acknowledge payment is required in full for the ultrasound on the day.
- As used by The Baby Scene, this ultrasound is intended to provide enhanced images for the purpose of viewing fetal movement in utero. The technician will make no attempt to guarantee a medically inclusive ultrasound or fetal well being.
- You understand that you are responsible for contacting your own healthcare provider
if you have any questions concerning this ultrasound or any other aspect of your pregnancy.
- You understand that the quality of the ultrasound and visual media, depends upon many factors including; the mothers body tissue content and weight, the developmental stage and fetal position. You understand that The Baby Scene does not guarantee the quality of photos or any audio visual media, or the ability to visualize any characteristics of the fetus.
- You understand that publication, presentation or distribution of any video taken during the ultrasound session, not provided by The Baby Scene is strictly prohibited unless agreed upon prior consent
- You understand that while we make every effort to capture a good image of your baby, we cannot guarantee the cooperation nor the position of the baby. Sometimes if the baby’s position is face down, e., towards your spine, it may be difficult to see the baby’s face. In this case, a one-time complimentary rescan will be scheduled but payment is required upfront in full and a scheduled appointment will be booked. Every baby scans differently, depending on the gestational age, position, amount of fluid, placental location and mother’s body weight. However, we promise to make every effort to obtain the best images. If we are unable to get a good image of your baby on the second free of charge scan, we have still provided the service of the 3D/4D Ultrasound thus we will not provide a refund if you are unhappy with the results.
- You agree to images captured being used on websites, social media and in The Baby Scene advertising. You must advise us in writing if you do not want us to use any photos, please email [email protected] babyscene.com.au prior to your appointment.
You understand that factors beyond our control may also affect the ability to accurately determine the gender of the fetus, and that The Baby Scene can provide no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of any such determination.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE SERVICES RENDERED, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE THE BABY SCENE, ITS AGENTS, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTIONS FOR INJURY, HARM, DAMAGE OR OTHER LIABILITY WHICH RESULTS FROM, OR ARE ALLEGED TO HAVE RESULTED FROM, THIS ULTRASOUND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FAILURE OF THE BABY SCENE ULTRASOUND TO ACCURATELY DETERMINE FETAL GENDER OR CHARACTERISTICS, AND ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES RESULTING FROM ULTRASOUND WHICH ARE NOT NOW KNOWN TO OCCUR.
“I have carefully read this document and by agreeing to the terms and conditions acknowledge that I fully understand and agree to its contents.”